The Educational Practice in Computing group (formerly known as the Teaching Innovation Group (TIG)) is the main driving force for innovation within the School’s teaching. Established in 2014, the main aim of TIG is to improve the teaching practices, programmes and curricula within our School and in the wider community. Our activities are wide and varied and include some of the following:
- review and implement degree programmes and new teaching approaches.
- developing our students’ employability skills
- work with Industry on CPD for existing staff and new recruits.
- update and improve the way we train our graduate teaching assistants
- ongoing curriculum review and teaching tool development.